5 shiitake mushrooms
3 large king oyster mushrooms
1 oz dried shiitake or porcini mushrooms
2 oz mushroom variety (portabella, enoki, button)
1/3 cup olive oil
3 shallots, minced
1/3 cup parsley, diced
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
salt & pepper to take
1. Take the dried shiitake mushrooms and rinse and then let soak in water. Place a bowl over it keep it submerged in water, for about 30 minutes.
2. Chop all other mushrooms.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan and add shallots and cook until translucent.
4. Add the parsley and cook for another minute.
5. Add the fresh mushrooms.
6. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mushroom liquid, and take the soaking mushrooms and chop then add to the pan.
7. Cook the mushrooms on medium heat until they begin to release their liquid. Turn the heat to high.
8. Cook until the liquid evaporated. Add the 1/4 cup reserved mushroom liquid.
9. Cook and stir frequently until all that liquid evaporated.
10. Allow to cool about 10 minutes then add the ricotta and parmesan cheese.
11. Salt and pepper to taste.
adapted from Martha Stewart’s Mushroom Ravioli Recipe