2 lb chicken breast, de-skinned, sliced thin (two pieces)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbl olive oil
8 oz frozen bell pepper mix
1 container grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced half length wise
8-16oz pesto (essentially one container)
1 oz pine nuts (check the bulk section!)
1 box pasta of your choice (I prefer whole wheat shells)
1. Heat a pot of water to boiling, add the pasta and cook according to directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Add olive oil to pan, heat and add garlic.
4. Sautee chicken until cooked through.
5.Put pine nuts into oven and toast for 5 minutes.
6.Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to chicken when it appears almost cooked through.
7. Remove chicken from pan, saving the juices.
8. Add the frozen bell peppers and toss in the juice until thawed.
9. Add the halved tomatoes and pesto and cook until just heated.
10. Combine with chicken and pasta and toss until coated.