1 cup quinoa
2 cup water
1 bunch swiss chard
1 tbl crushed red pepper
8 oz mushroom
1 tsp thyme
salt & pepper to taste
parmesan shavings to garnish
- Cook the quinoa accordingly. It’s typically 2:1 ration for water to quinoa.
- Wash Swiss chard and dry.
- Trim the stems from the leaves and save the stems.
- Stack the leaves and cut the leaves into slivers.
- Heat oil in the pan and add the chard to cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Move the swiss chard into a mixing bowl.
- Cut the stems into pieces.
- Heat garlic in another tablespoon of oil, then saute the mushroom for a minute, then add the stems. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the mushrooms until they’ve released their liquid and it’s started to evaporate.
- Add the mushrooms to the swiss chard, add the quinoa.
- Mix and enjoy with parmesan shavings.
Note: You can skip the mushrooms if you don’t like them. I like to use the stems as a way to use all of the plant and get additional fiber. The stems are red, which adds vibrant color! Try different vegetable combos such as zucchini & bell peppers!