4 lb green beans, trimmed
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 Tbl butter
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the shallots.
2. Saute until crisp and brown. Place on napkin to absorb excess fat.
3. In the same pan, add the mushrooms and saute until the water evaporates.
4. Set aside.
5. Add half the green beans to the pan and add 1/4 cup chicken broth.
6. Simmer with the lid closed on medium heat 5-7 minutes.
7. Cook the remaining green beans the same way.
8. Plate the green beans and add the mushrooms and shallots on top.