1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
8 ounces (2 sticks butter) unsalted, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
¾ cups almonds/walnut/pecans, your choice
½ cup coconut, shredded unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in Vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low, and slowly add flour mixture, folding the mixture just until incorporated. Use a wooden spoon to mix in oats, chocolate, pecans and coconut until combined. (dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days)
- Using a 1 ¼ inch ice cream scoop or a small spoon ( I use a spoon) drop dough onto baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake until edges of cookies begin to brown, 11 – 13 minutes. Place baking sheets on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes then transfer cookies to racks and allow to cool.