1/4 cup olive oil
half onion, diced small
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (15oz) red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 T soy sauce
1 T worchestershire sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add onions to the skillet. Saute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic to pan. Cook until onions are softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, combine half of the kidney beans, onion garlic mixture, olive oil, oregano, egg, parmesan, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, black pepper, bread crumbs. Pulse to combine until the mixture comes together like ground beef, DO NOT OVERMIX/PUREE.
- Pour out into a bowl, add the remaining beans and combine with your hands so that the whole beans are incorporated but not a puree.
- Form about golf ball sized balls and place onto a baking sheet, do not let them touch each other.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the minimum temperature is 165F for 15 seconds.
- In the meantime, boil pasta.
- Start a sauce pan with marinara sauce or preferred sauce.
- To enjoy, pile pasta onto a plate, ladle on sauce and add a couple of the “meatballs” and top with grated parmesan cheese.