2 Tbl oil of your choice
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbl chili powder
1 Tbl cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 Tbl garlic powder
1 Tbl brown sugar
1, 15oz can tomato sauce
1, 15oz can diced tomatoes
1, 7oz can diced green chiles (mild or hot)
1, 15oz can kidney beans
1, 15oz can black beans
1. Turn Instant Pot onto saute.
2. Add the oil. Wait about a minute then add the onions and garlic.
3. Sauce the onions until nearly translucent. Then measure all the spices into the pot.
4. Stir. Then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chiles, beans.
5. Stir. Close the lid. Set the setting to Chili, which is about 20 minutes on high pressure.
You can make this a beef chili by adding the beef after onions are nearly translucent. Sauce until the beef is cooked through then add the spices in step 3. I served this with tortilla chips for Texas Independence Day.
Adapted from http://www.houseofyumm.com