3 Tbl olive oil
2 shallots, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 Tbl chili red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup chicken stock
2 tsp semi-wet herb mix
1 Tbl capers
6 oz shrimp or fish, seasoned with salt and pepper
5 oz dried spaghetti or linguini
zest of one lemon
parmesan cheese, to preference
juice of half a lemon
1. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add shallots and lower heat to medium. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
2. Grate the garlic cloves into the pan. Add salt and pepper.
3. Saute for another 2 minutes and add chili pepper flakes.
4. Add the tomatoes and sauce for another 2 minutes.
5. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
6. After about 3 minutes, add the stock, herbs, capers and allow to simmer.
7. Pan fry the shrimp or fish until cooked then remove from heat.
8. Cook the pasta in boiling water and a dash of olive oil and salt.
9. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix.
10. Add the lemon zest, grated parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
I’ve made this recipe without the tomatoes and added more lemon juice and white wine to add more of the acidity. I also made this recipe with 2 zucchinis (sliced) that I add to the boiling pot of pasta two minutes before I dump out the water. You can also skip the fish or shrimp and just have awesome sauce with pasta and plenty of parmesan cheese. This recipe is adapted from Gordon Ramsay’s cooks in 10.