2 cup leeks, sliced thin
1 Tbl oil
2 cups mushroom
1 cup dry orzo
2 cups broth
1.5 cups tomato, diced
3 Tbl cream cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the leek and wash really well as dirt gets stuck in the layers.
2. Saute leeks in a pan with oil. Add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Toast the orzo in a the dutch oven for about 3 minutes, add the leek and mushroom.
4. Add the broth and bring to a boil then simmer for 8 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and allow to simmer 2 minutes or until the orzo is cooked through.
6. Add the cream cheese and garlic powder once removed from heat.
Recipe adapted from http://www.foodhero.org