2.5 cup heavy cream
1.5 cup whole milk
5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
6 grams gelatin or one packet
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add heavy cream, milk and sugar to pot.
2. Place the pot on the stove and use medium heat.
3. Add water and gelatin in a separate bowl and allow to absorb, give a stir.
4. Add the flavoring to the pot.
5. Continue to stir until the liquid is simmering. Do not allow to boil.
6. Remove the flavoring using a sieve.
7. Add the gelatin to the cream mixture and stir until the gelatin is completely melted.
8. Pour into small ramekins.
9. Allow to cool and cover the surface with plastic wrap so the top doesn’t harden.
10. Refrigerate and consume after 4 hours or within 24 hours.
*I have made this a few times and used different flavorings each time. What I have tried:
1.5 Tablespoons of food-grade lavender and purple food coloring
1 stalk of lemongrass that I’ve pounded flat
2 Tablespoons of pandan flavoring
I’ve also substituted the whole milk for coconut milk for a coconut flavor
1 vanilla bean
3/4 cup of chocolate chips, reduced cream and milk by 1/2 cup (this results in a stiffer panna cotta)