2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 Tablespoons sofrito
1 packet sazon (without saffron if possible)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 Tablespoon chicken base gel
1/2 cup water
1-8oz can tomato sauce
1 can – 16oz pink beans
1. Turn on sauté function on the instant pot and add olive oil.
2. Allow the oil to heat, add onions.
3. Cook the onions until translucent.
4. Add the sofrito, sazon, oregano and mix.
5. Add the chicken base gel, water, tomato sauce and pink beans.
6. Stir until blended.
7. Turn on manual function, high pressure and cook for 30 minutes.
8. Release the steam.
9. Enjoy with rice!
I’ve also added 4 chicken drumsticks to this before cooking on high pressure and that also turned out amazing!
Pink Beans & Rice – Instant Pot