2 cups tapioca starch
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 ounces grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line the baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl, add the tapioca starch and salt. Briefly whisk.
3. In a small saucepan, add the canola oil, water, and milk. Bring to a boil on medium heat until a white foam appears.
4. Pour the milk mixture over the tapioca starch and stir until well combined with a wooden spoon. Set aside the bowl for about 10 minute to cool before adding the egg mixture, otherwise the eggs will cook and scramble.
5. Once cool, add the eggs and Parmesan cheese and mix until combined into a cohesive dough.
6. Scoop out a small amount of dough and roll in your hands into a ball about 1 1/2″ sized. Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about an inch between each one.
7. Cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Freeze them by placing on a baking sheet and placing in the freezer for an hour then place them all in a ziplock bag. To enjoy, preheat the oven and bake from frozen state for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Recipe was provided by a Cozymeal event.