4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
8 ounces cremini or Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup arborio rice
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups baby spinach, washed and drained
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Set the Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. The mushrooms will sweat and release liquid which will evaporate. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in chicken broth, rice and thyme. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 7 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir in spinach, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and Parmesan cheese until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with steak and a vegetable side such as roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans or sautéed kale.
I pair this with hangar steak and green beans for a rounded meal.