1/2 cup coffee
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
18 oz chocolate chips, 60-63% cocoa (3 cups)
1 cup butter, room temp
1. Cut out the parchment paper to fit the bottom of the 8 inch baking pan. It’s also helpful to make wings in the outline so that it will make it easier to lift the cake out of the pan. Rub butter on the exposed sides of the baking pan.
2. Preheat the oven to 300F.
3. Warm up the coffee, salt, vanilla extract and sugar in a sauce pan until the sugar is just melted. Do not bring to a boil. Allow to cool.
4. Bring a pot to a simmer, create a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips. Or microwave the chocolate chips in increments of 20 seconds until melted.
5. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter to the melted chocolate at a time and incorporate into the mixture.
6. Add the sugary coffee slowly to the mix, whisk.
7. Then add one egg at a time and whisk into the mixture.
8. Prepare the water bath in the oven by bringing water to a boil. Place the pan into the oven, fill with hot water.
9. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and place into the water bath.
10. Bake for 45 minutes.
11. Allow to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for a few hours. Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours before serving.
Best served chilled, add whipped cream and fruit garnish or powdered sugar if desired.
Adapted from http://www.joyfoodsunshine.com