2 pounds mussels, cleaned
5 garlic cloves
1 onion, diced
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white wine
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon red chili flakes,
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
3-5 basil leaves
1. Bring water in a saucepan to boil. Core the tomato and on the other side create an X. Add to the boiling water for about a minute, for the skin to start peeling. Remove and cut into diced pieces.
2. Add onion and garlic to a pan with olive oil, bring to a sizzle, do not burn.
3. Add the wine and bring to a simmer.
4. Add the tomatoes and mussels.
5. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes until they are opened.
6. Remove the mussels and allow the broth to continue simmering for about 10 minutes.
7. When it’s half reduced, add lemon juice, a dash of wine, red chili flakes, butter, tomato paste.
8. Bring to a boil and add the mussels back to warm up. Remove from heat.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and basil.
Serve with bread.