Ingredients for Lemon Cranberry Sauce (Taste of Home)
1 package cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
juice of half a lemon
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes (Salty Marshmallow)
6 golden potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whole milk
Ingredients for Green Bean Casserole (adapted from The Oregonian)
1 pound frozen green beans
2 Tablespoons olive oil
16 ounces baby portobellos
1 teaspoon salt
1 can 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup fried onions
3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
Ingredients for No Drippings Gravy (Test Kitchen)
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups beef stock
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
5-10 whole peppercorns
Total Cooking time is 1.5 hours
- Pull the frozen green beans, add to a pot with water, set a timer for 4 minutes to drain.
- Rinse the bag of cranberries.
- Add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, cranberries, squeeze 1/4 cup orange juice from a fresh orange, do the same for the juice of half a lemon. Allow all ingredients to go to a boil, covered, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and peel the 6 potatoes. Slice about 3/4 inch thick, add to the instant pot. Fill with water to cover, add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Drain the green beans.
- Set the time for 8 minutes. Make sure the vent is closed.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash the mushrooms. Drain.
- Finely chop the one onion.
- Add to a saute pan with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Saute until nearly translucent.
- Chop the mushrooms and add to the onions in the saute pan.
- Turn off the cranberry sauce pot and allow to sit and cool.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover with a lid and saute until the mushrooms release their liquid and it evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- In the meantime, open the can of mushroom soup, measure the 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/4 cup of fried onions, and 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- Add all of this to the saute pan of mushrooms. Stir in the green beans. Add to a 1.5 quart baking dish, add 3/4 cup of fried onions to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Start the gravy by washing 1 carrot, 1 celery stick, 1 onion. Cut the vegetables into smaller pieces. Put into a vitamin and pulse until finely chopped.
- Wash the saute pan used to make the green bean casserole.
- Turn on high heat, allow to dry, add 3 Tablespoons butter.
- Add the vegetable mixture.
- Saute until browned.
- Measure 2 cups of beef broth into a sauce pan. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns and thyme.
- Sift the 1/4 cup flour over the browned vegetable mixture. Cook until you get browned pieces stuck to the bottom.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth to the vitamix.
- Add the vegetable fond to the vitamix. Blend until smooth.
- Add this to the beef broth.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take out the green bean casserole and allow to cool.
- Release the instant pot vent.
- Drain the water by pouring into a colander.
- Add the potatoes back into the instant pot.
- Add 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup whole milk, salt and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Use a whisk to mash until smooth.
- Move to a serving dish.
- Pour the gravy into a serving dish, remove the bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Pour the cranberry sauce into a serving dish.