1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk scallions, chopped
2 cups rice, uncooked, rinsed
¾ cups coconut milk
¾ cups water
1.5 teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoons pepper
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
2 sprigs thyme
1. In the Instant Pot, set to sauté. Add the oil, onion and garlic. Allow to sauté until the onions are translucent. Then add the scallions.
2. Add the rice, coconut milk, water, salt and pepper, allspice. Stir.
3. Add the can of beans on top and do not stir.
4. Add the sprigs of thyme. And cover with lid.
5. Set to high pressure for 6 minutes and slow release 10 minutes.
Enjoy with jerk chicken. Or as is. Inspired from My Forking Life.