¾ cup olive oil
7 pounds fish, seabream
30 cherry tomatoes
2 celery stalks
2 big carrots
2 potatoes, cubed
1 big clove garlic, peeled
1 ½ cup water
- Place a large skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil. Place the clove of garlic in the oil and when the clove is golden brown, remove.
- Place all vegetables and fish into the skillet and cover. Cook for about 30 minutes, occasionally opening the lid to gently move the vegetables around, but you don’t want to disturb too much.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and remove the cover. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes
- Turn the fish over and cook for another minute.
- When all the vegetables are seared, add the water and cover the skillet.
- Add 3 pinches of fine salt.
- Cover the lid and turn the temperature to low and cook for another 15 minutes.
- The dish is done when the potatoes are easily speared with a fork.
FYI, Italian cooking doesn’t use a lot of garlic, which is why you remove the garlic once it is browned. To tell if fish is fresh at the market, take a look at the eyeballs and see that it is clear and not foggy.