Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 45 mins Servings: 6
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups milk
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 ¼ cup finely grated carrots or shredded carrots
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup softened cream cheese
3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oats, milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, chia seeds, butter, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined.
- Stir in carrots.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 baking pan or small casserole dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the oats are brown and the middle is set.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients cream cheese, Greek yogurt and maple syrup.
- Spread on the oatmeal slice, which can be warmed or served cold if desired.
Recipe source from www.fruitsandveggies.org. I skipped the raisins but you can add ½ cup.