1 cup Thai basil, destemmed and cut into slivers
1 medium bell pepper, sliced
1/2 pound ground beef, 90% lean if possible
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons fish sauce
3 Tablespoons lime, juice only
3 red chilli peppers chopped
1. Add the olive oil to a medium sauce pan and allow it to get hot. Then add the minced garlic to saute.
2. Add the ground beef then use a wooden spoon to break up into small pieces and cook until half of the beef is cooked.
3. Add the bell pepper slices and continue to saute until the beef is cooked through.
4. Once the beef is fully cooked, add the Thai basil, fish sauce, lemon juice, and chili peppers and mix.
5. Remove from heat and enjoy with brown rice.