4 Tbl Kerry Gold’s butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbl truffle with oil, thinly sliced (optional)
1 Tbl tomato paste (optional)
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
8 oz linguine or angel hair pasta
1 Tbl red chili flakes (optional)
to taste, salt and pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add enough kosher salt so that it tastes like the ocean.
2. In the mean time, on medium heat, melt the butter and add the garlic.
2. Stir the mixture frequently to prevent burning of the garlic. When you can smell the garlic aroma, add the heavy cream.
3. Using a spatula, continually stir for a minute.
4. Add the truffle and tomato paste.
5. Use the spatula to mix the sauce frequently, lower the heat if needed, you don’t want bubbling. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add in the red chili flakes and remove from heat.
7. The pasta should now be in the boiling water cooking.
8. Grate about a cup of parmesan and add to the sauce and stir until smooth.
9. Once the pasta is al dente, use tongs to add the pasta to the pan with the sauce and allow some of the pasta water to loosen the sauce. Toss until the pasta is incorporated into the sauce.
10. Plate and finish with more grate parmesan and a sprinkle of red chili flakes if desired.