3oz bread crumbs
2 pounds ground beef
1 Tablespoon adobo seasoning
¾ cup minced parsley
salt and pepper
1. Mix the bread crumbs and eggs together with a fork.
2. Add the ground beef, adobo seasoning and parsley to the bowl and use your hands to combine until just mixed.
3. Taste test a portion by taking a teaspoon and microwaving it on high for 30 seconds.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Roll into 1-2” meatballs and place on a plate, ready to pan fry
6. Heat a frying pan with cooking oil.
7. When it’s hot, add the meatballs in batches so as to not overcrowd the pan.
8. Turn the meatballs so that they are evenly browned, about 1-2 minutes on a side.
9. Add to the pasta sauce. Continue to cook the meatballs in the frying pan until all are added to the sauce.
10. Simmer the meatballs in the sauce for about 40-60 minutes, stirring gently every 15 minutes so that they do not stick to the bottom.
50 oz tomato sauce
1 onion, diced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ cup red wine
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon red chili flakes
1. In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil until hot.
2. Add the diced onions and saute until translucent.
3. Add the red wine. Allow to simmer until it’s mostly cooked off, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce, sugar and Italian seasoning.
5. Add the meatballs and allow to simmer for 40-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so that they do not stick to the bottom.
6. Add the red chili flakes in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Plate pasta, topped with sauce and meatballs and top with fresh Parmesan cheese to enjoy.
I used seriouseats.com for inspiration for my meatballs and the pasta sauce is my go to way to make tomato sauce yummier. The red wine reduction makes a world of a difference!
Spaghetti and Meatballs