Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 block extra firm tofu
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
1 Tablespoon gochujang
1 Tablespoon lime or rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1 scallion, chopped
- Take the block of tofu and press the excess moisture with paper towels. Slice in half lengthwise. Then make 1/2” blocks.
- In a bowl, add the spices: ginger powder, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Chinese 5 spice.
- Toss in the tofu pieces until covered.
- Heat a saute pan up with 3 Tablespoons of oil and allow to heat.
- Add the tofu blocks to the pan and cook until crisp on most sides.
- In the meantime, measure the ingredients for the sauce: gochujang, lime, Sriracha, and oyster sauce.
- Finish frying the tofu blocks and leave on a plate covered with a napkin to soak up excess oil.
- Toss in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds as desired and serve with a bowl of rice.
Recipe inspired from Soy Connection, Carlie Baulick, RD