- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper+ more to taste
- 1 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed well in cold water
- 4 cup- mkjns low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces (about 6 cups) baby spinach
Report this ad
- Hit “Saute” button on the Instant Pot. Add oil. When hot, add the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, turmeric, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Add the lentils and pour in the broth. Stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the release valve is in the “sealing” position. Press the “Manual” button and set the timer at 12 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will warm up for about 10 minutes and then start cooking. After the 12 minutes is up, quick-release by flipping the release valve to “venting” (a little bit at a time at first).
- Once venting is complete, remove the lid of the Instant Pot. Stir in the spinach. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Freezes well too!